Free Book: Phytochemicals and herbs for the treatment of anxiety and depression
- Is Alcohol Fattening?
- Vitamin D: Supplements, Food or The Sun?
- Cod Liver Oil As A Food Supplement
- Post-Workout Meal Timing
- Boiling Versus Roasting Vegetables
- Learning to Read Food Labels
- Cuscuta reflexa (Aftimoon): Anti-Anxiety Herb?
- Magnesium Food or Supplements?
- Nuts as a High Energy Food
- Exercise and the Immune System
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- The Five Top Cardioprotective Nutrients
- High Quality Diets Prevent Cardiovascular Disease
- Trans Fats and Cardiovascular Disease
- Do High Fat Diets Protect From Cardiovascular Disease?
- Walnuts And Cardiovascular Disease
- The Five Top Cardioprotective Nutrients
- Abdominal Obesity And Cardiovascular Disease
- Garlic Is The King of Cardioprotection
- Is Fructose A Cause Of Cardiovascular Disease?
- Calcium And Cardiovascular Disease
- Lipoprotein(a) and Cardiovascular Disease
- Omega-3 Fish Oils For Cardiovascular Disease
- Tocotrienols For Cardiovascular Health
- The Maasai, Genetics, Eggs and Cholesterol
- Cholesterol Testing
- Homocysteine and Cardiovascular Disease
- A New Paradigm For Cardiovascular Disease
- Five Ways To Avoid Cardiovascular Disease
- Metabolic Poisons: Cardiovascular Disease
- Beans and Oats: Cholesterol Control
- Aspirin: Does It Prevent Cardiovascular Disease?
- Vitamin C Lowers Blood Pressure
- Does Exercise Protect From Cardiovascular Disease?
- How Does Alcohol Prevent Heart Attacks?
- Niacin and Cholesterol Levels
- Cayenne Pepper Protects From Cardiovascular Disease
- Grapes And Walnuts: Cardioprotective
- Antioxidants In Oats: Cardioprotective?
- Fish: Cardioprotective Poison?
- Five Cardioprotective Herbs
- Omega-3: Fish Versus Plant Source
- Can Cardiovascular Disease Be Reversed?
- High Fat Diets: Cardioprotective?
- Glucosamine: Anti-inflammatory and Cardioprotectant?
- Olive Oil For The Heart
- Cardiovascular Disease and Vitamin D
- Wine And Other Alcohol
- Five Misconceptions About Cardiovascular Disease
- Bear Belly Versus Sugar Belly
- Cardiovascular Disease And Inflammation
- Berry Good Protection
- Vitamin E For Cardiovascular Health
- Coenzyme Q10, Statins and Cardiovascular Disease
- Carotenoids And Heart Health
- The Acai Berry: Cardiovascular Superfood?
- Spices For Cardioprotection
- Wine: Cardioprotective. But How Much Is Too Much?
- Anthocyanins And Arteries
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
- Dietary Fibre To Starch Ratio
- Exercise Intensity: Burn Fat While You Sleep
- Fast Food, Weight Loss Style
- Gamma Linolenic Acid Aids Weight Loss
- Iron Deficient Weight Gain
- Legumes For Effective Weight Loss
- Lifting Heavy Weights For Fat Loss
- Abdominal Fat Versus Subcutaneous Fat
- Garlic: Can It Improve Body Composition?
- High Protein Diets for Weight Loss
- Meal Preparation Aids Weight Loss
- Meal Timing: Considerations for Weight Loss
- Methylxanthines In Tea And Coffee
- Oats cause weight loss
- Obesity Disease: Metabolic Dysfunction
- Overeating: Does It Really Cause Obesity?
- Protein Leverage
- Resistance Training: Lose Fat While Resting
- Smoking And Weight Gain
- Tea Varieties and their Weight Loss Effects
- Weight Loss: Dieting And Aerobic Exercise?
- Whey To Go
- Green Tea Weight Loss
- Gain Weight To Lose Fat
- Low Fat Foods Are Grow Fat Foods
- Weight Loss Is Simple
- What Do We Mean By Weight Loss?
- Is Fibre Calorie Free?
- To Get Lean Lift Big
- Vitamin D, Iron and The Dopamine Connection
- Why Being Fat Can Seriously Damage Your Health
- The Bland Diet
- Nutrition Versus Medicine: Cancer
- Myrosinase, Brassica Vegetables And Cancer
- Selenium Insufficiency and Cancer
- Turmeric Kills Cancer
- Phytoestrogens And Cancer Prevention
- Fight Cancer, Drink Tea
- Berry Good Cancer Protection
- Does Aspartame Cause Cancer?
- I Fish To Be Free Of Cancer
- Tomatoes For Prostate Cancer
- Citrus Fruit And Cancer
- Still Not On The ‘D’?
- Tea and Gut Cancer
- Is Red Wine Protective Of Cancer?
- Is Chocolate Protective Of Cancer?
- The Western Diet: Carcinogenic
- Carotenoids and Cancer
- The Top Five Anti-Cancer Nutrients
- Why Does Being Overweight Increase Cancer Risk?
- Does Mental Stress Cause Cancer?
- So You Don’t Like Green Tea?
- Plant Foods And Their Anticancer Compounds
- Cancer Prevention: Supplements Versus Whole Foods
- Natural Inhibitors of Nuclear Factor-Kappa Beta
- Cancer: The Seed and Soil Hypothesis
Nutrition and General Health
- Magnesium For Bone Health
- Beat Stress, Drink Tea
- Gut Health
- Traditional Diets For Health
- Tea Antioxidants
- Bone Health: Acid Base Balance
- Atherosclerosis And Back Pain
- The Dietary Macronutrients And Energy
- The Red Meat Fallacy
- Omega 3: Fish, plants or Algae?
- Preformed GLA
- Cooking with Oil
- The Multiple Health Effects of Plant Foods
- Red Wine Versus White Wine
- When Protein Turns Bad
- Vitamin B6: The Pain Relief Vitamin
- The Glycaemic Index and Disease
- Ponderings on Whey Protein Digestion
- Some Notes on Sweeteners
- Thoughts on Fibre
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble
- Some Thoughts on Cooking Fats
- Low Potassium Diets
- Is Obesity a Fibre Deficiency?
- Choline, Betaine and Phosphatidylcholine: Fat Loss Trio
- Taurine: Gives You Wings
- All the Colours of The Rainbow
- Three Ways to Boost Antioxidant Intake
- Lecithin Versus Free Choline
- Celery and Blood Pressure
- Dietary Goitrogens
Monthly Archives: May 2020
Age-Related Greying of Hair
Posted in Antioxidant, Hair Comments Off on Age-Related Greying of Hair
Borage for Mood?
Posted in Anxiety, Borage (Echium amoenum), Depression, Mood Comments Off on Borage for Mood?
Annona cherimola: Antidepressant Herb?
Annona is a group of plants belonging to the Annonaceae family. A number of species from this group have been shown to have central nervous system effects and may have mood elevating properties. Studies with animals have shown that Annonaceae … Continue reading
Posted in Annona cherimola (Cherimoya), Anxiety, Depression, Mood Comments Off on Annona cherimola: Antidepressant Herb?
5-Hydroxytryptophan for Weight Loss?
5-Hydroxytryptophan is a metabolite of L-tryptophan. It is found in a number of plants including the Griffonia simplicifolia plant. The 5-hydroxytryptophan in Griffonia seeds is bioavailable, and evidence suggests that when consumed it may increase brain levels of serotonin. Serotonin … Continue reading
Posted in 5-Hydroxytryptophan, Serotonin, Weight Loss Comments Off on 5-Hydroxytryptophan for Weight Loss?
Is Red Meat Really Bad For You?
It has been claimed that eating red meat may be associated with certain detrimental health outcomes. However, it is important to understand two fundamental principles before any claim against red meat can be made. Firstly, not all red meat is … Continue reading
Posted in Processed meat, Red meat Comments Off on Is Red Meat Really Bad For You?
Cacao versus Cocoa
Cacao and cocoa are derived from the Theobroma cacao plant. Both are made from the beans the plant produces. Cacao differs from cocoa in that it is less processed and thus resembles more the content of the original bean. Studies … Continue reading
Posted in Cocoa (Theobroma cacao) Comments Off on Cacao versus Cocoa
Annona diversifolia: Anxiolytic Herb from Mexico
Annona diversifolia is a plant used in traditional Mexican herbal medicine for the treatment of nervios. Nervios in Latin America is considered a state of bodily and mental unrest, possibly as caused by stress. One aspect of nervios that is … Continue reading
Posted in Annona diversifolia, Anxiety, Depression, Mood Comments Off on Annona diversifolia: Anxiolytic Herb from Mexico
Can you Prevent Age Related Greying of Hair?
Posted in Hair Comments Off on Can you Prevent Age Related Greying of Hair?
Aralia continentalis (Manchurian Spikenard)
Posted in Anxiety, Aralia continentalis (Manchurian Spikenard), Depression, Mood Comments Off on Aralia continentalis (Manchurian Spikenard)
Valeriana officinalis As An Anxiolytic?
Posted in Anxiety, Depression, Mood, Valerian Comments Off on Valeriana officinalis As An Anxiolytic?